- Go to the folder where you want your document to appear.
- Under the Actions Menu, click Create a new item, then click on Document.
- Select the file(s) from your computer and click Upload.
- On the next page, enter details such as the Name and Description.
- You can control permissions and enable Comments, Tasks and Related items.
- Use the options to ask for Document Review or Comments if applicable.
- You can Notify the other workspace members that the document has been added.
- Click Save.
Kahootz tip: You can add more than one document at once!
If you add a document that has the same file name as an existing document, instead of creating a new document, your new file will be added as a new version of the existing document.
If you upload a ZIP file you'll get the option to either keep that as a single file or to expand it into the workspace. If your ZIP file contains folders and you choose to expand it, the folder structure inside your ZIP file will be created in your workspace. If the documents in the ZIP file already exist in your workspace, they will be updated with new versions.
It is possible to enable Comments, Tasks and Related Items now, or at a later date.
- Comments mean that you will be able to receive feedback from the users of the document, so you don't have to chase them to hear what they think!
- Adding tasks is a good way of keeping track of who has actually read the document; you can assign a task to a member, which they will have to mark as done once they have read it.
- Another useful tool is connecting items which have related content - this works well as a "See also" tool.