In Kahootz you can customise each folder to control its appearance and the sort order for items.
To customise a folder, click Modify Folder Properties and Permissions, found under the Actions Menu. The following options are available in the Display and Sorting section:
- Fields - each item's name is always displayed and you can change which additional information is shown.
- Order By - you can change the standard order of the folder's contents.
- Folders first before other item types - ticking this box causes folders to be listed before other items, regardless of the sort order. For example, if you sort by Name and tick this box, the list of folders sorted by name will be displayed followed by a list of all the other items sorted by name.
By customising a folder, you can choose a layout that works for your content. For example:
- If the actual date of modification isn't really relevant, then don't show it and keep the page simpler.
- If changed items are of extra interest, then show the New / Modified icon.
- If the folder contains a changing set of documents or dated sub-folders, then order by last modified to get the most recent to the top.